Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Big Step…Back

Quick Update on Last Week’s Post

Last week I had mentioned how my husband and I are moving to St. George for nine months. I was excited that I would be in an environment of High School-aged children who had grown up with movement being an integral part of there lives. I think that I got a little bit over-excited about the idea and didn’t really think it through before I jumped into planning. Since stepping back I have realized that this (although it would be a great opportunity) is not the major focus of my thesis. I have been trying the last few weeks to sort through and narrow my topic and then I jumbled all of my ideas by getting invested in one off-topic idea. Although I plan to still try to work with these kids, I am not planning to use this information in my thesis because I have too much information I am trying to sort through already.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, that sounds smart. As general advice to everyone in the class, it's always wise to prioritize what parts of career goals fit directly into the thesis project itself and which fall outside it, even if related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    this happens to me all the time. It just means you've got an active mind and the topic is large and interesting.

    So, just as you say, refocus and keep on working.

    ReplyDelete